Venus enters Capricorn on December 25th. Relationships, finances, values and resources will be unmistakably defined by limits and commitments.
This is a serious position for Venus - you're getting real about what you want and approaching all Venus themes with maturity and patience. This is hi-lighted right from the start of this transit, when Venus conjoins Saturn at 0 degrees. Here is the new commitment - a commitment to self, to him/her, to the reality of what you have or don't have. This beginning may start with an ending, because Saturn can deny you what you want. If this is the case, know that it's time to say goodbye, as painful as this may be. On the other hand, Venus/Saturn can cement a bond with someone. Tradition will be important, but there's still a sense of crossing into new territory.
This transit hi-lights ambition and practicality, so it is an excellent manifestation influence. If you want it, construct a plan and work it. It's not typically luxuriant, but Capricorn is an Earth sign, so there is an emphasis on physical expressions of love, beauty and resources. Not just any physical expression - Capricorn's limits means quality is paramount. This is top-tier value that you've achieved. Here's the attraction of what you have to work for.
How might this apply to you? Venus in Capricorn urges you to implement high standards and self-respect. Take control of what you share and earn. Stop giving it away and undermining your authority.
We must also consider the Saturn/Capricorn tendency towards fear and repression. This transit can emphasize areas where guilt and judgement have blocked you from what you really want, or distorted your approach to love and pleasure. If that's the case, consider whose rules you're following, and why.
Here are the aspects Venus in Capricorn will make:
- Dec 25th, 2017: conjunct Saturn (0 deg)
- Dec 29th, 2017: conjunct Black Moon Lilith ( 5 deg)
- Jan 3rd, 2018: sextile Neptune (11 deg Pisces)
- Jan 6th, 2018: inconjunct the North Node (15 deg Leo)
- Jan 7th, 2018: inconjunct Ceres Rx (16 deg Leo)
- Jan 8th, 2018: sextile Jupiter (18 deg Scorpio)
- Jan 9th, 2018: conjunct Pluto (19 deg)
- Jan 9th, 2018: sextile Mars (19 deg Scorpio)
- Jan 13th, 2018: square Uranus (24 deg Aries)
- Jan 13th, 2018: sextile Chiron (25 deg Pisces)
- Jan 17th, 2018: square Pallas (29 deg Aries)
- Jan 17th, 2018: Aquarius ingress
- Dec 29th conjunction to BML (three days after the Sun's conjunction): the energy of the outcast/dangerous woman unites with more traditional expressions of female energy, for overall empowerment and focus. Lilith finds her groove and makes the rules work for her, while Venus proves that she can crack the whip, if necessary.
- Jan 8th-9th sextile to Jupiter, conjunction to Pluto and sextile with Mars: Venus/Pluto is the power of what you want, or the powerfully compulsive love. Add Jupiter and Mars (in Pluto's sign) in harmonious aspect, and this is a potent time to succeed. Big (Jupiter) actions (Mars) support what you want, and Pluto adds a shot of almost magical intensity. The power of your desire (and your work ethic) will drive this one.
- Jan 13th square to Uranus and sextile to Chiron: financial or relationship plans may be shaken. Traditions may be broken, and typical expressions of love/beauty will be challenged by something new. This can be a test of an existing bond - is it ready for change? The more rigid the rule, the more likely it is to crack. Chiron will be there for a spot of healing, which means there should be some support and empathy after the shakeup.