Aries season kicks off on March 20th. The Sun's ingress into the first sign marks the Vernal Equinox. The hours of daylight and darkness are equal, tipping over into longer days as we move forward.
Aries already has some significant action happening, with Venus Rx, Mercury, and of course, Uranus. This area of your chart is primed for a reboot, and the first day of spring may trigger it. All the usual symbolism applies: new life, primal impulses and unrefined initiative. This is raw energy, bursting with potential.
This Aries ingress coincides with the last quarter square of the Moon. A few hours after the Sun enters Aries, the Moon at 0 degrees Capricorn will square it. This part of the lunar cycle was described by Dane Rudhyar as a "crisis in consciousness." Old beliefs are challenged by newly emerging beliefs. Maybe you don't fit in where you used to fit in. Maybe you find yourself disagreeing with the prevailing beliefs of your family, friends or industry. The discomfort of the square pushes you to find something new - new rules, new structures, new definitions of status (Capricorn).
There may not be an obvious crisis. You might just feel a growing sense of restlessness - an urge to let some fresh air in. Do the usual routines, conversations or interests suddenly feel stale? Venus Rx has already been pushing you to reevaluate. Now the Vernal Equinox will up the stakes - something new is emerging. All the aspects the Aries Sun makes, plus the New and Full Moons, will be points of clarity, intensification or tension that are designed to stimulate progress.
The March 27th New Moon will trigger your emergence from the crisis of the last quarter square. This will be your new idea/direction, and Venus Rx will play an essential role.
Here are the aspects the Sun in Aries will make:
- Mar 23rd: inconjunct the Virgo North Node (3 deg)
- Mar 24th: trine Black Moon Lilith in Sagittarius (4 deg)
- Mar 25th: conjunct Venus Rx (4 deg)
- Mar 27th: New Moon in Aries (7 deg)
- Apr 4th: square Juno in Capricorn (15 deg)
- Apr 7th: opposite Jupiter Rx in Libra (18 deg)
- Apr 8th: square Pluto in Capricorn (19 deg)
- Apr 11th: Full Moon in Libra (21 deg)
- Apr 14th: conjunct Uranus (24 deg)
- Apr 14th: square Vesta in Cancer (25 deg)
- Apr 17th: trine Saturn Rx in Sagittarius (27 deg)
- Apr 19th: Taurus ingress