Mercury's Cancer ingress (June 21st) coincides with the Solstice. Although this transit will be brief, it will be more significant than usual due to the powerful Solstice kickoff.
Communication and ideas will be highly subjective. Conversations will feel personal, even if they're not (Cancer's sensitive filter makes it very difficult to step back). You may not be able to separate thoughts from gut responses, and maybe you don't have to. Today's Sun/Mercury superior conjunction (a culmination aspect) suggests a peak moment - a buildup of feelings, released through words. It has to come out.
Obviously, this is excellent for having that discussion about feelings. Empathetic communication is favoured. Issues from the past may demand a voice, and Cancer can be quite demanding. This "shy" sign is Cardinal, which means initial withdrawal and self-protectiveness is easily overcome when something stirs the emotions (or threatens security). As you'll see from the list below, Mercury receives some volatile aspects. So this won't be a quiet transit.
Words that come from the gut can be powerful, soothing or hurtful. Consider if you're really prepared to get personal - do you want that inner script out in public? If the answer is yes, and it needs to be said, just say it.
Here are the aspects Mercury in Cancer will make:
- Jun 21st: conjunct the Sun (0 deg)
- Jun 26th: opposite Juno Rx (12 deg Capricorn)
- Jun 27th: square Jupiter (13 deg Libra)
- Jun 27th: trine Neptune Rx (14 deg Pisces)
- Jun 28th: inconjunct Black Moon Lilith (15 deg Sagittarius)
- Jun 28th: conjunct Mars (15 deg)
- Jun 29th: opposite Pluto Rx (18 deg Capricorn)
- Jul 2nd: inconjunct Saturn Rx (23 deg Sagittarius)
- Jul 3rd: inconjunct South Node (25 deg Aquarius)
- Jul 4th: square Uranus (28 deg Aries)
- Jul 5th: trine Chiron Rx (28 deg Pisces)
- Jul 5th: Leo ingress