Venus enters Cancer on July 31st. Relationship, money and self-esteem issues are sensitized.
Venus in Cancer is a tender, vulnerable transit - a mix of "I want/I need" and "I feel insecure with what I have." Cancer's protectiveness is based on insecurity. You can only connect with others on an emotional level if you feel what they're feeling, which means feeling vulnerable. You can't touch and be touched if you're hiding behind a wall. Everything becomes personal-empathy increases, and so does painful subjectivity.
This can be the transit of hurt feelings. Every disagreeable remark and questionable glance cuts you to the core. Or, it can be the transit of sweet sustenance, as you tap into a healthy exchange of nurturing.
Venus in Cancer expresses love through mothering care. She wants to be needed. Therefore, your own wants and needs will be amplified during this transit. This can range from looking after yourself to looking after someone you love to feeling profoundly hurt because you're not needed or wanted. Cancer's connection to family and the past means nostalgia can be depressing or sweet.
The flip side of Cancer's insecurity is (obviously) security. And that's the goal of this transit. It's not just about crying over what you can't have. Or rampant comfort eating. Although consuming a pint of ice cream is not always a bad thing, food does not equal love.
Ultimately, this transit alerts you to what makes you feel safe. If you don't feel safe in a relationship, or with yourself, you're going to be insecure. Developing a level of safety means establishing a comfort zone, which leads to security. Yes, this is one transit where sticking with your comfort zone is actually a good thing. Being secure means you can give and love with warm assurance, rather than grasping neediness.
Here are the aspects Venus in Cancer will make:
- Aug 4th: opposite Juno Rx in Capricorn (4 deg)
- Aug 9th: sextile Vesta in Virgo (10 deg)
- Aug 9th: sextile Pallas in Taurus (10 deg)
- Aug 10th: sextile Mercury in Virgo (11 deg)
- Aug 12th: trine Neptune Rx in Pisces (13 deg)
- Aug 12th: conjunct Ceres (12 deg)
- Aug 15th: opposite Pluto Rx in Capricorn (17 deg)
- Aug 17th: square Jupiter in Libra (19 deg)
- Aug 18th: inconjunct Saturn Rx in Sagittarius (21 deg)
- Aug 18th: inconjunct Black Moon Lilith in Sagittarius (20 deg)
- Aug 24th: trine Chiron Rx in Pisces (27 deg)
- Aug 24th: square Uranus Rx in Aries (28 deg)
- Aug 26th: Leo ingress