Mars enters Leo on July 20th, giving us a double shot of fire. Passion and initiative will be triggered by the pursuit of recognition, or the urge to create. Actions will be grandiose, or at least quite obvious - this is not a subtle transit.
Are you proud of your actions? Are you starting something that favours fun, romance or creative self-expression? This is what Mars in Leo is about. You're igniting something in the Leo-occupied house(s) of your chart. Of course, you have to note the difference between actively working for something that increases your pride versus stamping your feet if you're being ignored. If you're not being appreciated, consider what needs to change, then make it happen (Mars transits are not about waiting).
Leo's pride and fixed qualities are mixed with Mars' raw energy -if you need to dig in with confidence and perseverance, this is the transit for you. You can take courageous action and stick with what you started.
The July 26th Sun/Mars conjunction will mark the end of something that began around June 14th, 2015 (the last Sun/Mars conjunction). Every ending is a new beginning, so this will be a significant turning point in how you take action, or express your anger/passion/intentions. Mars will also be featured on the July 23rd New Moon and the August 7th Full Moon eclipse in Aquarius. So you see that this is no ordinary Mars transit.
Here are the aspects Mars in Leo will make:
- July 26th: conjunct the Sun (4 deg)
- Jul 28th: inconjunct Juno Rx (5 deg Capricorn)
- Aug 4th: square Pallas (10 deg Taurus)
- Aug 10th: inconjunct Neptune Rx (13 deg Pisces)
- Aug 16th: inconjunct Pluto Rx (17 deg Capricorn)
- Aug 20th: sextile Jupiter (20 deg Libra)
- Aug 22nd: trine Saturn Rx (21 deg Sagittarius)
- Aug 22nd: trine Black Moon Lilith (21 deg Sagittarius)
- Aug 27th: conjunct the North Node (24 deg)
- Sep 1st: inconjunct Chiron Rx (27 deg Pisces)
- Sep 2nd: trine Uranus Rx (28 deg Aries)
- Sep 3rd: conjunct Mercury Rx (28 deg)
- Sep 5th: Virgo ingress