The Sun's Virgo ingress takes place on August 22nd. After the pomp and circumstance of Leo, we descend into the sign of humbling. This is a good thing - Virgo reminds us that there's more work to do, and despite the accomplishments, life goes on. The mundane realities continue.
Virgo's humbling is necessary for everyone, although few enjoy it. In order to do good work and make improvements, you need to be aware of the flaws. This creates a confrontation with what's wrong/what's missing/what's not ready, which pulls you back down to earth. Forget about your ego for a minute - it's time to attend to the necessities.
Virgo's gifts are refinements and upgrades. Make it better by removing what's wasteful, ineffective or dull. Sharpen your vision, cleanse yourself/your body/your environment. There's nothing glam about this process. Sometimes, there's a prompt in the guise of service to others or apprenticeship. Leo was at the top. Virgo takes you down a few notches so you can tighten up your game.
The Sun's inferior conjunction to Mercury Rx will be of particular note: watch for the crucial detail or error that tells you what you need to know.
Here are the aspects the Sun in Virgo will make:
- Aug 25th: trine Juno Rx in Capricorn (2 deg)
- Aug 26th: conjunct Mercury Rx (3 deg)
- Sep 5th: opposite Neptune Rx in Pisces (12 deg)
- Sep 6th: trine Pallas in Taurus (14 deg)
- Sept 6th: Full Moon 13 deg Pisces
- Sep 9th: trine Pluto Rx in Capricorn (16 deg)
- Sep 13th: square Saturn in Sagittarius (21 deg)
- Sept 16th: square Black Moon Lilith in Sagittarius (24 deg)
- Sep 19th: opposite Chiron Rx in Pisces (26 deg)
- Sep 20th: inconjunct Uranus Rx in Aries (27 deg)
- Sept 20th: New Moon 27 deg Virgo
- Sept 21st: sextile Ceres in Cancer (29 deg)
- Sep 22nd: Libra ingress