Mercury enters Libra on September 29th. This transit is about diplomacy. Waffling and superficial words are other possibilities.
Mercury in Libra says it nicely. Or, says it nicely and slips in the knife when you're not looking. Distorted Libra makes every word a double-sided treat: sugar on one side, poison on the other. Healthy Libra truly wants everyone to get along, and honestly sees how both sides can be right (hence the waffling). Compliments and flirtatious remarks mean every conversation is a delight.
Passive-aggressiveness aside, this transit reminds us that saying the nice thing has its merits. Sometimes the "f*ck you" is easier in the moment, but it's not always appropriate. Libra's grace takes real self-control. The gentle art of polite and captivating conversation is underrated. It's not kick ass, it's about making someone feel comfortable, attractive or appreciated. Mercury in Libra actively listens - sometimes that's all you need.
This is not the transit where your raw secrets will be welcomed (wait until Mercury moves into Scorpio for that one). If you're looking for a bluntly honest assessment, Mercury in Libra will skim the surface and spin the facts into something palatable. Depending on the messenger, the information may be accurate or twisted into white lies. This is especially apt as Venus (ruler of Libra) in Virgo (ruled by Mercury) is making an exact opposition to Neptune on this same day. There is a real risk of glossing over the facts in favour of something prettier. On the other hand, this can be a truly romantic combination.
Aside from September 29th, the mutual reception between Mercury and Venus (in force until October 14th) ensures that communication/information will be precise, graceful and correct. Not blunt, but correct. Virgo's precision and Libra's balance refine all Venus and Mercury themes. Excellent for formal situations, polite relationship inventory or shy first dates.
Here are the aspects Mercury in Libra will make:
- Oct 1st: sextile Ceres in Leo (2 deg)
- Oct 3rd: square Juno in Capricorn (6 deg)
- Oct 4th: conjunct Vesta (8 deg)
- Oct 6th: inconjunct Neptune Rx in Pisces (12 deg)
- Oct 6th: inconjunct Pallas Rx in Taurus (11 deg)
- Oct 8th: conjunct Sun (15 deg)
- Oct 9th: square Pluto in Capricorn (16 deg)
- Oct 12th: sextile Saturn in Sagittarius (23 deg)
- Oct 12th: trine the Aquarius South Node (23 deg)
- Oct 14th: inconjunct Chiron Rx in Pisces (25 deg)
- Oct 15th: opposite Uranus Rx in Aries (26 deg)
- Oct 15th: sextile Black Moon Lilith in Sagittarius (27 deg)
- Oct 17th: Scorpio ingress