The Sun enters Libra on September 22nd at 4:01 PM EDT. We've arrived at another Fall Equinox, the annual balance point when the hours of daylight and darkness are equal.
This year's Equinox is marked by the Sun's applying conjunction to Vesta (see the list at the bottom of this post for the exact date and degree). As noted in this week's horoscopes:
"There will be increased focus on a Libra issue - imbalance, fairness, give and take, relating, projection. The focus could take the form of limits or devotion, and it will be given extra power by its proximity to the Fall Equinox..."
As you harvest the results of the first half of this year and turn to face the longer nights, consider:
- What are you devoted to?
- Is there an area of enforced focus/limits in your relationships?
Vesta's absolute attention can trigger an imbalance, so she may announce her presence via an extreme issue. As always with Libra, you're looking for the compromise - the sweet spot where you can harmonize both sides. Restraint and objectivity will be necessary. When this Venus-ruled sign is functioning at maximum capacity, relationships run smoothly and everyone feels special and included. Not a simple task, but Libra makes it look easy. Behind the beautiful smile is a spine of steel.
Distorted Libra can be superficial, co-dependent and passive- aggressive, putting everyone else's needs first while building up a reservoir of resentment. This would be an example of the imbalance I alluded to.
Here are the aspects the Sun in Libra will make:
- Sept 27th: conjunct Vesta (4 deg)
- Sept 28th: square Juno in Capricorn (5 deg)
- Oct 4th: inconjunct Neptune Rx in Pisces (12 deg)
- Oct 5th: Full Moon in Aries (12 deg)
- Oct 5th: inconjunct Pallas Rx in Taurus (12 deg)
- Oct 8th: conjunct Mercury (15 deg)
- Oct 9th: square Pluto in Capricorn (16 deg)
- Oct 15th: sextile the Leo North Node (22 deg)
- Oct 16th: sextile Saturn in Sagittarius (23 deg)
- Oct 18th: inconjunct Chiron Rx in Pisces (25 deg)
- Oct 19th: opposite Uranus Rx in Aries (26 deg)
- Oct 19th: New Moon in Libra (23 deg)
- Oct 20th: sextile Black Moon Lilith in Sagittarius (27 deg)
- Oct 23rd: Scorpio ingress