The Sun enters Aquarius on January 19th, 2018 (10:08 PM EST). This is the season of the individual and the outsider.
While Aquarius is associated with independence and rebellion, it's often more about just being yourself. For many, that's enough rebellion. Truly being you when the group disapproves or dislikes can be tough. It's lonely.
This is the season to ask yourself who you are and what you stand for. Ironically, Aquarius is also associated with the group. What's your relationship with the collective? What's your social media presence versus offline you? Are your friendships supportive or non-existent?
There are no right answers to the above questions. Aquarius is very much about whatever works for you.
As I noted in this post, detachment is an important Aquarian theme. The logic and cool acceptance that this sign is famous for can only be achieved with some emotional distance. If you're part of a group, consider who you are within that group. As the sign of the future, Aquarius demands that you detach yourself from the past. Now, obviously you can't deny your entire past, but there are probably some energy-draining situations/people that you're hanging onto. The past made you who you are today, but you have the freedom to go beyond that. You are not stuck.
Note that Aquarius is a Fixed sign (insistence on doing things a certain way) which means that moving forward/doing your own thing is non-negotiable - your way or no way. But Aquarius' Fixed nature can sometimes result in stubborn adherence to mindless rebellion or being the bitter outcast. That's why it's so important to check in with yourself and consider where you're standing, and why.
A Strategic Crisis
The Sun's ingress will be marked by a square to Pallas, which will enter Taurus about a half hour earlier. Pallas' strategies will be fixed and focused on basic essentials in the moment, but the Sun in Aquarius will be looking at what's next. There will be tension between plans for now versus the desire to move ahead. The Fixed nature of these signs suggests a block to current and future strategies, but the square will trigger a crisis, which means change is necessary and imminent.
Nodes and Eclipses
The Sun rules the Leo North Node, and it's currently in the sign of the Aquarius South Node. This suggests that before the North Node way forward (pride, empowering integration, taking the spotlight) can be activated, old South Node issues of alienation or scattering your energies will be activated so you can deal with them.
This will all come to a head when the Sun passes over the South Node, and during the two eclipses. The January 31st Full Moon Leo eclipse conjoins Ceres - the nurturing of something bold and bright, as well as the fear of losing this (or the fear of being left behind) will be prominent. The February 15th New Moon eclipse in Aquarius conjoins Mercury, so you can bet this new beginning will feature a blast of clarity.
Here are the aspects the Sun in Aquarius will make:
- Jan 19th: square Pallas (0 deg Taurus)
- Jan 24th: sextile Vesta (4 deg Sagittarius)
- Jan 31st: Full Moon eclipse opposite Ceres (11 deg Leo)
- Feb 3rd: conjunct the South Node (14 deg)
- Feb 10th: square Jupiter (22 deg Scorpio)
- Feb 13th: sextile Uranus (25 deg Aries)
- Feb 14th: conjunct Juno (25 deg)
- Feb 15th: New Moon eclipse (27 deg)
- Feb 17th: conjunct Mercury (28 deg)
- Feb 18th: Pisces ingress
Notable aspects include:
- Square to Jupiter: here's a big rush of confidence to do your own thing, no matter the consequences. While this is mostly positive, you might still want to consider the consequences - are they worth it?
- Conjunct Juno: just in time for Valentine's Day, freedom/independence in a partnership is illuminated.
- Conjunct Mercury: this superior conjunction will shine a light on information that has resulted from the last Sun/Mercury conjunction, during Mercury's Rx (Dec 12th, 2017 at 21 deg Sagittarius)