Mars enters Sagittarius on January 26th (7:56 AM EST). The far horizons beckon and restrictions will not be tolerated.
Mars in Sag energizes exploration, adventure, optimism and faith. Actions are directed towards the future, with a growing sense that there's more/better ahead.
This energy encourages you to move on, even if you don't have the plan worked out. Just get out there and keep going - opportunity is triggered by action. Travel is also emphasized, as is the crusade for a belief or higher truth. There's strong idealism and a disregard for little things like details or worries.
If you've been feeling unmotivated or hesitant. this transit could give you a boost.
However, know that Mars will also activate carelessness and the zealous hammer of "truth." The beliefs that Mars in Sagittarius fights for may not work for everyone - just because an ideal arouses your passion, doesn't mean it's universal law. It's easy to overlook important facts or gallop ahead and miss a crucial turn - you end up heading down the wrong path.
Here are the aspects Mars in Sagittarius will make:
- Feb 2nd, 2018: inconjunct Pallas (4 deg Taurus)
- Feb 3rd, 2018: sextile Mercury (4 deg Aquarius)
- Feb 10th, 2018: trine Ceres Rx (9 deg Leo)
- Feb 17th, 2018: square Neptune (13 deg Pisces)
- Feb 19th, 2018: trine the North Node (14 deg Leo)
- Feb 25th, 2018: square Venus (18 deg Pisces)
- Feb 25th, 2018: conjunct Vesta (18 deg)
- Feb 28th, 2018: square Mercury (20 deg Pisces)
- Mar 11th, 2018: trine Uranus (26 deg Aries)
- Mar 14th, 2018: square Chiron (28 deg Pisces)
- Mar 17th, 2018: Capricorn ingress
February 25th is notable for Mars' conjunction to Vesta and square to Venus. Mars/Vesta focuses the heat to an obsessive degree - the belief, inspiration or urge for freedom becomes everything. Now, a Mars/Venus square can mean lots of chemistry or creative motivation. There will be a pursuit of what's wanted. But the tension of the square suggests actions (and focus) will be at odds with what's loved or wanted. Someone will push too hard or fixate on the wrong thing. Enthusiasm will need to be dialled back just a touch so the object of desire isn't trampled.