Mercury enters Capricorn on January 10th (9:08 PM PST)/January 11th (12:08 AM EST). Thoughts are defined. This is the verbal/written commitment transit that will spell out reality for you.
While Mercury in Capricorn is known for its serious approach to information, what's often overlooked is the beautiful form this combo gives to words. Capricorn is about ultimate structure - clean and efficient, yet designed for maximum success and longevity. This Cardinal (forward-moving) Earth sign is a potent mix of authority and ambition.
Apply the above to words, and you can see how Capricorn messages can be extremely persuasive - almost more so than Sagittarius. The conviction is there, along with tradition to back up the ideas. Words are cool but determined, and therein lies the beauty - Mercury in Capricorn is not trying to sell you anything, because the truth that's delivered just is.
The big moment will arrive when Mercury conjoins Capricorn's ruler, Saturn (January 13th). Here is the verbal finish line, the absolute decision, the idea made physical. Or, the big "No."
Note that Mercury conjoined Saturn twice in Sagittarius, on November 28th, 2017 and December 6th, 2017 (when Mercury was Rx). The story/expectation/rule was examined closely. It was questioned and revised. Now, with the January 13th conjunction, you'll know what you're hearing is the last word. You can trust this, which may or may not make you feel good, depending on the reality that's being presented.
In general, this is a superb transit for focusing on the business end. If you have boundaries to articulate, messages to deliver and priorities to manage, Mercury in Capricorn can help you lock on to the essentials and get it done, without the distractions of fussing or anxiety (Capricorn has no time for worries). If there's a hard slog ahead of you, or you've recently been disappointed, this energy supports mental fortitude -move forward, do it, and keep doing it until it's done.
Discipline begins with what you tell yourself.
Here are the aspects Mercury in Capricorn will make:
- Jan 13th: conjunct Saturn (2 deg)
- Jan 16th: conjunct Black Moon Lilith (7 deg)
- Jan 19th: sextile Neptune (12 deg Pisces)
- Jan 20th: inconjunct Ceres Rx (13 deg Leo)
- Jan 21st: inconjunct the North Node (14 deg Leo)
- Jan 24th: conjunct Pluto (19 deg)
- Jan 25th: sextile Jupiter (20 deg Scorpio)
- Jan 28th: square Uranus (24 deg Aries)
- Jan 28th: sextile Chiron (25 deg Pisces)
- Jan 31st: Aquarius ingress
Days when words will have maximum impact are:
- January 13th: the Saturn conjunction
- January 16th: Black Moon Lilith's dangerous, ugly and powerful issues are officially expressed
- January 24th: Pluto's raw truths/secrets are put into darkly compelling words
- January 28th: the wild-card square to Uranus suggests a different kind of impact that you can't control- established ideas will be challenged by blistering clarity, but the way this one shakes out will not go according to plan