The Sun enters Pisces on February 18th (12:17 PM EST). Joining Venus, Mercury, Chiron and Neptune, this Pisces season promises to be intense.
"Intense" is not a word usually associated with this sign. Many people consider Pisces to be weak and watered down. And while its energy is not assertive or focused, rest assured there is nothing weak about it. Pisces is about transcendence, release, sacrifice and acceptance. Often, the most you can do when this sign is emphasized is nothing. You allow things to flow as they're meant to, without trying to direct the flow. Sounds easy, but it's really not. It takes a great deal of inner strength to calmly allow while not compromising your boundaries.
And what about letting go? I mean really letting go, not checking over your shoulder every five minutes to see if the person or issue you released is still there. Pisces asks that you truly let go and accept a loss. This can be so very difficult. It takes a different kind of strength.
Pisces is also about what's unconditional. Doing something for nothing while releasing all ego prompts. Again, not so easy. And this is not to be confused with turning yourself into a victim (another Pisces theme). It takes strength to honour yourself while still releasing your ego. It's not about you, it's about them/your higher power/your ultimate purpose. You're just the conduit.
Pisces asks that you trust. Trust that you'll be ok if you release control, trust that you'll survive if you let them go, trust that you can heal and turn your back on the draining, poisonous past/addiction. None of this is easy, but if you can manage it, you'll see the expansive side of this sign - more (good stuff) flows in to replace what you released. And that good stuff could be a sense of peace/tranquility or exalted creativity. You'll get what's perfect for you, in the moment. Nothing more or less.
Here are the aspects the Sun in Pisces will make:
- Feb 25th: sextile Saturn (7 deg Capricorn)
- Feb 24th: inconjunct Ceres Rx (6 deg Leo)
- Mar 1st: Full Moon (11 deg Virgo)
- Mar 3rd: sextile Black Moon Lilith (12 deg Capricorn)
- Mar 4th: conjunct Neptune (13 deg)
- Mar 5th: inconjunct the North Node (14 deg Leo)
- Mar 10th: sextile Pallas (19 deg Taurus)
- Mar 11th: sextile Pluto (20 deg Capricorn)
- Mar 13th: trine Jupiter Rx (23 deg Scorpio)
- Mar 15th: square Vesta (24 deg Sagittarius)
- Mar 17th: New Moon (26 deg Pisces)
- Mar 18th conjunct Chiron (28 deg)
- Mar 20th: Aries ingress
- Mar 4th, conjunct Neptune: happening on the same day as the triple conjunction between Venus/Mercury/Chiron, a Sun/Neptune conjunction is the ultimate in ego release. You are appreciated when you don't seek appreciation, and you're honoured when you turn away from the spotlight. There's pride in giving yourself to a higher power.
- Mar 13th, trine Jupiter: a general, expansive influence. More creativity, peace, release, victimization or delusion. Jupiter expands all possibilities and doesn't erase the bad stuff. However, if you're ready to change, you can certainly elevate yourself above what's been dragging you down - but you have to make that change.
- Mar 18th, conjunct Chiron: the wound is illuminated, and this is where you can achieve success if you're willing embrace a weakness. There's power in empathy, forgiveness, and understanding that we are all flawed and hurting.