Venus enters Aries on March 6th, 3:45 PM PST/ 6:45 PM EST. Venus becomes bolder in her opposite sign - relationships, money and self-esteem gain a passionate, impatient energy. If you want something, you want it now during this transit.
New attractions/creative efforts or a fresh approach to self-esteem/values are favoured. It's time to be a bit more assertive about what you want, or what you want to express. This energy is highly subjective, so it's also about putting yourself first. Are you happy? A simple question, but Aries is not complicated. Either you're happy or you're not. Either you're attracted or you're not. Bonus points if there's an element of challenge - Venus in Aries attracts (or is attracted to) what's not immediately available. There has to be a touch of competition to make it worthwhile.
Mercury entered Aries a few hours before Venus, and these two will be travelling close together, actually conjoining on March 19th. So from March 6th to 19th, there's a buildup - a new person/project/goal captures your heart and your mind. Or, you grab someone's attention. Words and desires are on the same page, and it will seem like all you have to do is speak and what you've been craving is yours.
But Mercury stations Rx at the same degree as this conjunction a few days later. So the "sure thing" may trigger second thoughts, as Mercury moves backwards and Venus continues forward. This could mean the initial spark was nothing more than a spark. Or, perhaps more time and planning is required to make this potential real.
Venus in Aries is only the beginning (no guarantees) but you have to start somewhere. This transit may be a catalyst that pumps up your courage to put your happiness first.
Here are the aspects Venus in Aries will make:
- Mar 10th: trine Ceres Rx (4 deg Leo)
- Mar 13th: square Saturn (8 deg Capricorn)
- Mar 18th: trine the North Node (14 deg Leo)
- Mar 18th: square Black Moon Lilith (14 deg Capricorn)
- Mar 19th: conjunct Mercury (16 deg)
- Mar 23rd: square Pluto (21 deg Capricorn)
- Mar 25th: inconjunct Jupiter Rx (22 deg Scorpio)
- Mar 28th: conjunct Uranus (27 deg)
- Mar 30th: trine Vesta (29 deg Sagittarius)
- Mar 31st: Taurus ingress
Key aspects that caught my eye:
- The March 13th square to Saturn will be a reality check. Venus will not feel loved/attractive under this square, so there could be some painful rejections. Or, there could be a reminder that you have to work harder to get what you want.
- The March 19th conjunction to Mercury could be a high point for sweet words, creative expression or optimistic thoughts. The focus will be squarely on what's most desired. Keeping in mind what I wrote about this aspect in the post above, consider how you might make the best use of this energy. There was a Mercury/Venus conjunction on March 4th in Pisces - same idea (words and wants united) but Pisces energy is about allowing/release while Aries makes it happen/initiates. If you noticed anything on March 4th, compare it to March 19th.
- The March 23rd square to Pluto suggests compulsive (and very aggressive) desires. Use caution, especially if the pursuit of something that doesn't belong to you is involved.
- The March 28th conjunction with Uranus could be ultimate love (or lust) at first sight - a hot flash of attraction. Or, what you thought was yours could be abruptly yanked away. Aries does not do possessiveness, and Uranus has a habit of slapping controlling hands. Too, you could decide to dive into something risky and tempting.