Mars enters Capricorn on March 17th, 12:40 PM EDT. The action planet is strong (exalted) in this sign; Capricorn's rules channel Mars' heat, so much can be accomplished. Actions are practical and ambitious - this is about the steady climb. Work needs to be done, and you're moving up.
Control is the theme - controlled actions, controlled anger, controlled sexual energy. What can you do when you focus? When you stop running around in a panic, wasting your efforts or smouldering with resentment over what he/she did to you? Use that passion/initiative/anger as fuel. Mature efforts will involve delayed gratification and persistence. And always, always, you're moving forward.
This transit won't be an easy ride. It happens a few hours after Mars in Sag squares the Pisces New Moon, so you're coming at this from a place of hurt or weakness. But Chiron is involved, so there's healing to be achieved - healing from confronting (Mars) what hurts, accepting that it hurts, and then getting down to business.
Mars will meet up with Saturn and Pluto in Capricorn, which suggests obstacles (Saturn) and intense power plays/destruction (Pluto), respectively. These two aspects will push you to your limits, as you confront certain limits. How will you tackle this? But there's also good news - Mars' trine with sensual Venus in Taurus harmonizes actions with attraction.
Square to Uranus: The Big Shakeup
Mars will be building to a disruptive square with Uranus in Aries (from May 13th), but the square won't be exact (May 16th) until Uranus enters Taurus (May 15th) and Mars enters Aquarius (May 16th). This suggests initially agitating against the limits, as the tension between strict efforts (Mars in Capricorn) versus rebellion/the unforeseen triggers cracks in the foundation. Events will erupt once Mars enters Aquarius (ruled by Uranus).
Mars moving from Capricorn to Aquarius, spurred on by Uranus, can indicate a breakthrough (liberation from what was holding you back) or a breakdown (accidents, abrupt actions). Uranus' move into a new sign adds weight to these events - this could be the start of something far-reaching. Approach this date range with care. Have a contingency plan and avoid obvious risks - you can't control accidents but you don't have to set yourself up for them. Consider what must be done and where control can benefit you. But also, consider where an overhaul is needed. The trick with Uranus square Mars is not losing control when impatience/unexpected bursts of anger hit.
Here are the aspects Mars in Capricorn will make:
- Mar 24th: square the Sun (3 deg Aries)
- Mar 26th: inconjunct Ceres (4 deg Leo)
- Apr 2nd: conjunct Saturn (8 deg)
- Apr 4th: square Mercury Rx (9 deg Aries)
- Apr 9th: inconjunct the Leo North Node (12 deg)
- Apr 11th: trine Venus (13 deg Taurus)
- Apr 14th: sextile Neptune (15 deg Pisces)
- Apr 19th: conjunct Black Moon Lilith (17 deg)
- Apr 24th: sextile Jupiter Rx (20 deg Scorpio)
- Apr 26th: conjunct Pluto Rx (21 deg)
- May 12th: square Mercury (28 deg Aries)
- May 16th: Aquarius ingress
- April 2nd, conjunction with Saturn: this could be the end - as far as you can go. Or, it could be the demand for even more effort as you draw on your inner strength/grim determination to climb over that wall.
- April 4th, square Mercury Rx: the first of two squares to Mercury. Mercury Rx's revisions/questions will be triggered by conflict, or result in conflict. It's all part of the process of unearthing the facts or making your voice heard.
- April 11th, trine Venus: what you do supports what you want, and in the Earth signs, there's huge manifestation potential. It won't be flashy or excessive, but it should bring you satisfaction if you've been doing the work.
- April 19th, conjunct Black Moon Lilith: this can be an intensive burst of power (sexual or otherwise) that blends the anger of being rejected/defiled with a relentless push for domination. Approach with caution, and use this energy to accomplish something rather than seeking revenge.
- April 26th, conjunct Pluto Rx: conscious will (Mars) unites with the unconscious expression of power (Pluto) for a truly potent mix. This can be destructive, but it can also be transformative, as old limits crumble. As always with any combo of Mars/Pluto, your full awareness is essential. What are your true motivations?
- May 12th, square Mercury: the second argument or edgy verbal outburst. Now that Mercury is direct, the questions are over and the reviews are done. It's time to lay those cards on the table and arrive at a resolution.