The Sun enters Gemini on May 20th (10:14 PM EDT). This is the season of choices, information and duality. Ideas will shift and new angles will be revealed. There's always something else to consider with Gemini.
Details can multiply quickly - this is not the time to dwell on one thing. Gemini energy is quick, witty and light; these attributes are necessary if you want to absorb what's new without getting bogged down in what's unpleasant. Not to invalidate serious issues of course, but the core of Gemini's talent lies in the ability to touch on everything. Depth is sacrificed for variety and breadth, but sometimes you have to pick up the pace in order to arrive at the information that's right for you.
Duality is also key. Questions are a crucial Gemini factor, so there could be more of "What about the other side to this story?" This can be annoying, but it's essential if you want to get the full picture. Life is rarely black and white, and Gemini knows this. Asking the question does not invalidate the original issue.
Duality can also have some not-so-pleasant manifestations. Gemini can be the trickster and the liar. It's a fine line between trusting and enjoying the moment versus wondering if this moment is too good to be true. Be smart and look at all the information. Ask the questions, then make an informed choice.
Here are the aspects the Sun will make:
- May 22nd: sextile Chiron (1 deg Aries)
- May 23rd: trine Mars (2 deg Aquarius)
- May 24th: inconjunct Vesta (3 deg Capricorn)
- May 28th: trine the South Node (7 deg Aquarius)
- May 29th: inconjunct Saturn Rx (7 deg Capricorn)
- May 29th: Full Moon (8 deg Sagittarius)
- June 5th: inconjunct Jupiter Rx (15 deg Scorpio)
- June 5th: conjunct Mercury (15 deg)
- June 7th: square Neptune (16 deg Pisces)
- June 11th: inconjunct Pluto Rx (20 deg Capricorn)
- June 12th: sextile Juno (21 deg Aries)
- June 13th: New Moon (22 deg Gemini)
- June 15th: inconjunct Black Moon Lilith (24 deg Capricorn)
- June 16th: sextile Ceres (25 deg Leo)
- June 19th: opposite Vesta (28 deg Sagittarius)
- June 21st: Cancer ingress
June 5th superior conjunction to Mercury and inconjunct to Jupiter. In the Sun/Mercury cycle, this is a "Full Moon" phase. It marks a result connected to the last Sun/Mercury conjunction (April 1st when Mercury was Rx in Aries). This conjunction suggests an illumination of key details or choices, but the tense aspect to Jupiter suggests discord between these details versus the enthusiastic exposure of deep truths. There needs to be an adjustment between depth and flexibility, illumination and secrets.
Ultimately, there's an important truth here, but the key will be seeing it for what it is, without exaggeration. Jupiter is Rx, so there is an intensive focus on one matter. But that focus can result in tunnel vision that interferes with what you're hearing or seeing.