Mercury enters Leo on June 28th/June 29th at 10:16 PM PDT/1:16 AM EDT. Information and communication becomes loud and proud. Dramatic statements and creative ideas will dominate. So will stubbornly fixed ideas.
Mercury in Leo can be the big mouth, the conversational narcissist or the wonderfully expressive storyteller. This is the transit that will encourage you to speak up about something you want to draw attention to. Great for promoting yourself or giving life to creative ideas that were previously hidden.
Mercury sill spend longer than usual in this sign due to its retrograde (from July 26th to August 19th). As always with a retrograde, this will be a period of reviews, second thoughts or questions. So the initial declarations or creative ideas will undergo a process of revision and delays. Mercury Rx in Leo can see you questioning if you're really proud of this. It can also intensify any stubborn refusals to consider other opinions (Leo is a Fixed sign). However, the more you dig in and insist on your point of view, the more resistance you may experience. And finally, Mercury Rx can urge you to take a second look at an opportunity to go public with your ideas.
Note that Mars' Rx in Aquarius (Leo's opposite sign) will overlap with Mercury's Rx. Although they won't oppose each other while they are both Rx, the retrograde action across the Aquarius/Leo axis is significant. Mars Rx in Aquarius is the intensified or delayed push for liberation. Mercury Rx in Leo is the intensified or delayed Big Statement or creative idea. Remembering that the transiting North Node (the future) is in Leo and the South Node (the past) is in Aquarius, this suggests a concentrated period of time in which you'll be urged to move (Mars) forward while speaking (Mercury) from a place of pride, power and open self-expression. I realize you can't move forward immediately while Mars is Rx, but it's helpful to look at the Rx period as a time to lay the groundwork for your eventual progress (when Mars stations direct).
When Mars and Mercury are both Rx, impulsive actions are discouraged. Think, and then think again, before you do something or respond with anger. And remember that Mercury in Leo is about words that draw attention. So consider who your audience is and what kind of attention you want.
Here are the aspects Mercury in Leo will make. Repeat aspects and Rx/direct stations have been bolded.
- June 21st: trine Vesta (22 deg Sagittarius)
- June 30th: square Uranus (1 deg Taurus)
- June 30th: trine Chiron (2 deg Aries)
- July 2nd: inconjunct Saturn Rx (5 deg Capricorn)
- July 3rd: conjunct the North Node (6 deg)
- July 5th: opposite Mars Rx (8 deg Aquarius)
- July 9th: square Jupiter Rx (13 deg Scorpio)
- July 12th: inconjunct Neptune Rx (16 deg Pisces)
- July 16th: inconjunct Pluto Rx (19 deg Capricorn)
- July 26th: Mercury stations Rx (23 deg)
- July 31st: trine Vesta (22 deg Sagittarius)
- August 5th: inconjunct Pluto Rx (19 deg Capricorn)
- August 8th: conjunct the Sun (16 deg)
- August 9th: square Juno (16 deg Taurus)
- August 9th: conjunct Pallas (16 deg)
- August 11th: square Jupiter (14 deg Scorpio)
- August 18th: sextile Venus (11 deg Libra)
- August 19th: Mercury stations direct (11 deg)
- August 26th: inconjunct Neptune Rx (15 deg Pisces)
- August 28th: square Jupiter (16 deg Scorpio)
- August 29th: inconjunct Pluto Rx (19 deg Capricorn)
- September 2nd: square Juno (24 deg Taurus)
- September 3rd: sextile Venus (25 deg Libra)
- September 3rd: trine Vesta (26 deg Sagittarius)
- September 5th: inconjunct Mars (29 deg Capricorn)
- Septmeber 5th: Virgo ingress
- July 3rd conjunction to the North Node: watch for a key message or messenger that points you in the right direction (your future)
- July 5th opposition to Mars Rx: Mars' intensified actions or delays will challenge and motivate you to speak up. Actions will be at odds with words, and this may be an argument. But it will be a productive one.
- August 8th conjunction to the Sun: an inferior conjunction that will illuminate a key piece of info about Mercury's retrograde (this is the halfway point of Mercury's Rx cycle)
- August 9th conjunction to Pallas and square to Juno: a pattern or creative idea (Pallas) will be put into words, but this will clash with a relationship commitment or agreement. Pallas and Juno will square each other exactly on August 11th, so August 9th-11th can be a tense time as partnership agreements are challenged. Both Juno and Mercury are in Fixed signs, so compromise may be quite difficult. While it's important to stand your ground if you truly believe in something, beware of damaging a partnership because you simply refuse to listen to the other person.