Venus enters Mercury-ruled Virgo on July 9th (7:31 PM PDT/10:31 PM EDT). The flaws in relationships, money, values and self-esteem issues will become more apparent, because Virgo is the fix-it sign. This means attention to what's wrong so you can make it right.
There's good and bad to this. Distorted Virgo is the unrelenting criticism of self or others. Never good enough or attractive enough. Never deserving of happiness. Attempting to fix others as a way of showing your love. Or, as a way of distracting yourself from your issues. Healthy Virgo is the no-nonsense upgrade, where you're focused on attracting what's best for you. And this happens because you calmly address areas where you've been undermining yourself, and you fix the issue. You see the problem, you fix it. You don't get caught up in the chase of illusory perfection - you do the best you can and you're honest with yourself about what you can realistically achieve and what you really want.
Venus in Virgo is the beauty of what needs fixing. There are two sides to Virgo- the flawless state of "purity" and the journey to that state. There's tension between what's wrong and what's right, and Venus in Virgo thrives on that tension. The process of improvement and healing is what's attractive, not the end result. Consider this, and consider how you can use that to your advantage during this transit. Virgo is a Mutable sign, which means it shifts. It's not meant to stay frozen at one level, hence the endless search for something to improve.
And of course, the beauty is in the details - the little adjustments you make to how you communicate in relationships and what you tell yourself. The one thing that can be refined just a little bit more. Don't overlook the small issue during this transit - it will be key, especially if you think it's not worth paying attention to.
Here are the aspects Venus in Virgo will make:
- Jul 11th: trine Uranus (2 deg Taurus)
- Jul 12th: inconjunct Chiron Rx (2 deg Aries)
- Jul 14th: trine Saturn Rx (4 deg Capricorn)
- Jul 15th: trine Juno (6 deg Taurus)
- Jul 16th: conjunct Ceres (7 deg Virgo)
- Jul 16th: inconjunct Mars Rx (6 deg Aquarius)
- Jul 22nd: sextile Jupiter (13 deg Scorpio)
- Jul 24th: opposite Neptune Rx (16 deg Pisces)
- Jul 27th: trine Pluto Rx (19 deg Capricorn)
- Jul 30th: square Vesta (22 deg Sagittarius)
- Aug 6th: Libra ingress
- From July 9th to 16th, Venus will be part of a Grand Earth Trine consisting of Ceres, Saturn Rx and Uranus/Juno. I discussed it in this weeks' horoscopes. Earth means you can make something real. It won't be big or dramatic, but there is an opportunity to make small but significant improvements, or confirm something precious. Ceres/Virgo reaps, discards what's not valid and nurtures what remains. This is not romance or indulgence - it's practical love.