Venus enters Cancer on May 19th (9:10 AM EDT).
This transit blends needs and wants - Cancer is a security-seeking, instinctive sign, and Venus is about money, relationships, self-esteem and values. The combo is highly emotional and self-protective. Wants can feel primal (because you're reminded of the past, childhood and mother). Empathy and nurturing increases, along with neediness and helplessness. If you're denied what you want or love, it can feel especially personal (even if the denial has nothing to do with you, specifically).
During this transit, it will be important to honour what you want, while making sure you feel safe. If something/someone makes you feel unsafe, don't try to convince yourself otherwise. Look after yourself. At the same time, realize that if others say "no" or are insensitive, it's not always about you. Everything can feel like a rejection and you'll have to remind yourself that this is intensely subjective energy. If you can't step away from the issue, try to understand why it feels so personal. Chances are, it will be about more than what's happening in the moment. Dynamics from your past (especially unmet needs) will be stirred up.
In general, this can be a good time to connect with loved ones and nurture them with food and hugs. It can also be a superb time to look after yourself - Venus in Cancer loves comfort, soothing things and quiet time. Having said this, Venus will challenged by some harsh aspects (see below) so sensitivities will acute.
Note that the first aspect she receives on the day of her Cancer ingress is Uranus, newly into Taurus. Here we have new (Uranus) ways of making yourself happy and meeting your needs. A sextile is a gentle aspect so this is nothing too crazy, just a hint that what's changing in the Taurus section of your chart can free you up from unhealthy dependencies. You can still feel safe with a sniff of liberation.
Here are the aspects Venus will make:
- May 19th: sextile Uranus (0 deg Taurus)
- May 20th: square Chiron (1 deg Aries)
- May 20th: inconjunct Mars (1 deg Aquarius)
- May 22nd: opposite Vesta (4 deg Capricorn)
- May 26th: opposite Saturn Rx (8 deg Capricorn)
- June 1st: trine Jupiter Rx (15 deg Scorpio)
- June 2nd: trine Neptune (16 deg Pisces)
- June 2nd: square Juno (16 deg Aries)
- June 5th: opposite Pluto Rx (20 deg Capricorn)
- June 8th: opposite Black Moon Lilith (23 deg Capricorn)
- June 13th: inconjunct Vesta (29 deg Sagittarius)
- June 13th: Leo ingress
- May 20th square to Chiron and inconjunct to Mars: you'll be reminded of why it hurts to want something, while having to adjust your sensitivities to detached (Aquarius) actions (Mars). A vulnerable day - protect yourself but don't ignore the wound.
- May 26th opposition to Saturn: an ending or result that hi-lights what you can't have, while encouraging you to look after yourself. You're responsible (Saturn) for what makes you happy. In some cases, this can illustrate a heavy commitment (marriage) with restrictions. There's a strong adult (Saturn) versus child (Cancer) vibe to this. You may feel like stamping your feet if you're denied.
- June 1st and 2nd trines to Neptune and Jupiter Rx: A Grand Water Trine where what you want/love increases and approaches dream-come-true territory. No limits, and this can also apply to an addiction. There's no resistance here, so make sure that what's increasing is in your best interests. Jupiter and Neptune will trine each other on May 25th, so the two influences will be connected.
- June 5th and 8th opposition to Pluto and Lilith: obsession is a possibility as Pluto cranks up the intensity of what you feel you must have, while BML hi-lights the discrepancy between safe, nurturing female energy versus taboo, unacceptable female energy. You could feel victimized, rejected or powerfully drawn to what you know is unsafe. This is not the time to be childish - be mature about what you're craving.