On September 22nd the Fall Equinox arrives, once again. The Sun enters Libra and the hours of daylight and darkness are equal.
This is harvest time - time to take stock. You evaluate what you've reaped, and figure out the best use of the current crop in the future. Libra is the balance between abundance and scarcity, past and future, you and the other. Libra calculates the variables of all compromises. The highest expression is a seamless integration that works for everyone. Distorted Libra is the refusal to make a choice, ignoring unpleasant variables and weighing the scale heavily in favour of the other party.
The Sun will conjoin Jupiter, exact on September 26th. Jupiter in Libra issues (described in this post) will be a major theme of this Fall Equinox. For some, this could be a season of celebration. If your birthday falls between September 22nd and September 30th, a Sun/Jupiter conjunction will be part of your Solar Return year. Others will have to deal with a key imbalance. In general , a Sun/Jupiter conjunction can be quite benevolent. But grandiose expressions can tip the scales. Jupiter does not encourage moderation, and Libra works best when everything is moderated.
Mercury in Virgo will station direct on the evening of September 21st/morning of September 22nd (at 14 degrees), depending on your time zone. It's significant that Mercury Rx's intensive corrections and reviews are completed so close to the Fall Equinox. This suggests improvements and complete information (the full story) can be applied in a balanced manner (Jupiter notwithstanding). Part of your harvest will consist of what you worked on since Mercury stationed Rx, one day after Venus' Libra ingress.
This will be a strategic moment: your intelligent application of the facts could be a turning point in what you give or receive. Weigh your options. Think about what's led you to this point, and how your decisions might impact your future.
Here are the aspects the Libra Sun will make:
- Sept 25th: inconjunct Ceres Rx, 3 deg Taurus
- Sept 26th: conjunct Jupiter, 3 deg
- Sept 30th: New Moon, 8 deg Libra
- Oct 2nd: inconjunct Neptune Rx, 9 deg Pisces
- Oct 4th: sextile Saturn, 11 deg Sag
- Oct 5th: inconjunct South Node,12 deg Pisces
- Oct 7th: square Pluto, 14 deg Capricorn
- Oct 11th: trine Pallas Rx, 18 deg Aquarius
- Oct 14th: inconjunct Chiron Rx, 21 deg Pisces
- Oct 15th: opposite Uranus Rx, 22 deg Aries
- Oct 16th: Full Moon, 23 deg Aries
- Oct 21st: opposite Ceres Rx, 28 deg Aries
- Oct 22nd: Scorpio ingress